Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Born to run....maybe Bruce was right

I did it! I did it! I'm not usually one to pat myself on the back...I'm the kind of person who always thinks I (and the people around me) could have done better. I'm not quite sure why that is..nature or nurture? But not this time...turn around back its time for a pat!

Saturday I ran my first 5k. I've been running for a couple of months now and planning and training for this 5k. I've read some blogs on what your goal should be for your first 5k and most said just finishing without having to walk and feeling good at the end was goal enough. Ok, but what about time. I thought if I could run it in 30 minutes I would be very happy and I did. I came in at 29.45, a PR (personal record for me). I had been running 3 miles in about 30 minutes.

It was a great feeling to see my name on the results post (you need to page down more that halfway for the 40-44 female age group) and an even better feeling to know that I finished in the top half of the people in my age group.

I can see how running can become addictive..I didn't think I would wake up at 5:55am voluntarily, but yesterday I did. I knew this was the only time I could run yesterday and I did it. I have to say it felt great, it was a great way to start off the day.

I definitely want to continue and hopefully run farther distances and more races!!

No comments:

Post a Comment