Sunday, February 15, 2009

Plans are made to be changed....

It's been an interesting week here. Thursday I was on my way to Pittsburgh and my car died. And of course, it died not here in Ohio but in Pittsburgh. Ugghh!!!! Sitting in the turning lane....car...dead. So, to make a long story short..got car towed to repair shop..parents brought me back to Ohio..found out car needs new transmission...$3500. Ugghh!! This car has been the ban of my existence not to mention my wallet for awhile now and I've been wanting to get rid of it but not sans transmission.

Looks cute and fun sitting there but just try to buy tires, replace your headlight or get an oil change. Cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching. What I've learned from this car purchase. Unique = expensive. Honestly, at this point, after how much money we've put into it, I would love to set it aflame and roast marshmallows while watching it burn but for obvious reasons that just can't happen.

Ok, I'm done ranting. So, cut to the chase, I need a car. Saturday we cancelled our Valentines day dinner reservations and headed to Pittsburgh to try to buy a car. We couldn't get the deal closed with the dealership so back we went to Ohio with not much accomplished. Searched auto trader and thought we would go out Sunday in Ohio and see if we could find anything as a backup while waiting till Monday for the dealer in Pittsburgh to get back to us. And then,





It was love at first sight. Cross your fingers I won't feel like the deal is closed till I'm driving it off the lot but hopefully that will happen in the next day or two.
I will be so excited to have a car thats easier to maneuver in with the kids and I don't need to worry whenever I see a snowflake in the sky. Oh please, oh please I promise I won't ask for anything for a very long time (ok, so we both know thats not really true) but I need a car!

By the way, Happy Valentines Day honey, I don't know what I'd do without you. Our takeout Chinese complete with candlelight and wine was the perfect Valentines day dinner. I love you, thank you for helping me get through the last couple of months with that piece of junk and helping me get a new and hopefully more reliable and less expensive vehicle.












No comments:

Post a Comment