Monday, January 5, 2009

I feel like it's the first day of school.

I started my new job today. I'm a manager at a well known kitchenwares store. I was going to take a photo of myself in my newly purchased outfit but I couldn't figure out the timer on my camera. I haven't been working full time for almost a year now so I was really nervous. I have a new found appreciation for people re-entering the workforce after taking time off. Even though my hiatus wasn't that long...I still feel a little rusty. I've been working there part-time for the holiday season and a position opened up and I expressed my interest and the rest is history. I'm hoping this job works out with our family life...being a stepmom and working full time is something that will take some adjusting but Paul is very supportive and that makes all the difference. I'm hoping this will also improve my cooking skills and give me the courage to be more adventurous and try new techniques and recipes. I will keep you updated on my progress and include photos and recipes that I've tried and liked. Day 2 is tomorrow...wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment